Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Being Your Own Worst Enemy.. Or a Lover?

"Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure that you are not, in fact, just surrounded by assholes." - William Gibson

Hello.

I have been walking around in circles trying to decide what to spend my time on. Holidays has always been a time where one can relax and unwind, travel, go on a vacation, spend time with loved ones and make lots of good memories.. My holiday has been rather slow, with nothing to do and just long days of not having anyone to talk to.

I feel like when I'm alone, I turn into my own worst enemy.

I start overthinking-- judging, scrutinizing and criticizing my own life. I start assuming the worst out of everything and feeling not worthy of anyone's time, and the next thing I know, I curl into my own little shell in my room and start crying for problems that don't even exist in the first place.

Has anyone else ever felt that way?

I have to remember that each and every one of us are fighting our own battles, and our problems may not be of significance to other people, just as their's may not be of our concern.

It is rather magical though, when our problems relate, because that could be the bud of a wonderful bond that could be formed through talking and supporting each other in that particular topic, and the next thing you know, a friendship blooms.

Just like that, the loneliness disappears.

Everyone wants to be loved.

I guess this is what it means to be human. We all want to be appreciated, in some shape or form, one way or the other.

Funny how life works.

Sorry guys, just being little miss sad pants today.

xoxo
Syara

No comments:

Post a Comment