Saturday, June 14, 2014

Feeling Complete


I got an epiphany today.



When you date someone, what do you feel?
Butterflies in your tummy, ecstatic, like you're in Cloud 9?
Standard. As expected.

I heard that being in love tends to release endorphins in your body, the same hormones that makes you happy.

I think that while being in love, people tend to forget to love themselves.
How many times have you heard "I love him/her more than myself." or "I'm happy as long as he/she's happy"?

People tend to forget that having a boyfriend (or girlfriend) is more like a "power up" I would say, to make your (already interesting) life even more enjoyable. It isn't a necessity.

As much as you will eventually form a sort of telepathic sensitivity towards their moods or feelings as time passes by, it shouldn't affect who you are as a person. Of course, a single compliment from them means a lot more than recognitions from billions of strangers, and you'll find yourself wanting their acceptance in a lot of things but remember that you are still your own person. You don't need them to enjoy a vacation or something as little as a trip to the movies. If they're there, that's great. But if they're not, remember that they're people too with their own lives. Trust that if all the circumstances were right and they could be there, they would want to experience everything with you by their side too, but sometimes life gets in the way and you might have to do things like that separately. Do it anyway. Don't ever feel bitter if they're absent, it's not the end of the world.

Life is meant to be enjoyed. With or without that special someone.
Let them breathe, let them let you breathe.
Give love and give a lot of love. Give a lot of care and attention. But remember not to dedicate your whole life to a single person. I don't mean cheat on them of course, be loyal, be loyal to a fault. Be faithful, be kind.
What I meant was to give them a part of yourself, but your world is your world to conquer. (do I make sense?)
When they need their space, don't force them to stick to you like super glue. Let them breathe. Let them do what makes them happy. It gives you room to do what makes you happy too. Take advantage of that.

I think a relationship is meant for two people to co-exist, not for them to depend on each other for everything.

A perfect relationship in my head is when two amazing individuals pair up to make an electrifying team. Not a master and a puppy. If you get my metaphor. I want it to be like, I'm awesome, you're awesome, together we're better. Separate, we're still pretty darn awesome.

At least, for me, I want to be known as an interesting person, as myself, as Syara.
And not only be recognized as someone's girlfriend.

I want to be known for my quirks, my thoughts about the world, and all my creations that I'd like to share. My positivity, my warmth. And all my little visions and footprints that I hope would make the world a better place.

I guess what I'm trying to say is..

Be your own person.
Don't be afraid to be special.
Let your special someone find YOU special.
and of course, return the favor and make your special someone also feel special.

Because we are all unique and amazing and filled with so much life.

Each and every one of us, (even you who's reading this)
YOU are worth so much more and you know it.

Hope this jumpstarts your weekend with a bang.


Love always,
xoxo
Princess S

No comments:

Post a Comment