Tuesday, June 24, 2014

One Crazy Step At A Time

In a perfect world, what would you do? Who would you be?



I've had people asking me this many times,
and it is this very question that persistently rings in my head time and time again.

"What makes me happy?"

and every time I find myself listing a bunch of things I enjoy doing, there will be a million more reasons why I shouldn't go through with that.
My biggest mistake is to ask for someone else's opinions before doing something that I really wanted to do. Why?
90% of the time I would most likely get discouraged and not follow through.

It was then that I realized the real question would be..

"What is stopping you?"

Fear.

Fear of failing. Fear of rejection. Fear of ridicule. Fear of criticism. Fear of not being good enough.

At least, those are mine.

I've made a resolution to be a better person this Summer. Someone who follows my dreams and does the impossible, even if I have to be my only supporter in things like this. After all, I can only get better, and everyone is bound to start somewhere. Should I not be able to follow through, at least I'd be proud to say that I've tried my best.

I have a lot of ideas and a lot of hobbies that I plan to see come to life this holiday. I'm facing my fears heads on and I guess I can't make a list of achievements until the end of Summer, but I definitely will. I plan to conquer at least 10 big things I've always wanted to do (but have always been afraid of), and facing my more smaller scale fears on a day to day basis.

Writing this down and publishing it to the world is my promise (and some pressure) I'd like to give to myself that I'd follow through with this. I'll leave it to you guys to judge how well I do ;)

Until then,


xoxo 
Princess Syara



No comments:

Post a Comment